10 months ago​Liverpool in Champions League because of Alisson – Robertson

first_imgAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say ​Liverpool in Champions League because of Alisson – Robertsonby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool defender Andy Robertson is still grateful to goalkeeper Alisson.The Brazilian slipped up against Manchester United, fumbling a cross that led to an equalizer. But the Reds managed to get two goals in the second half to win 3-1.And Robertson knows that Alisson has saved Liverpool already this season, which means the odd mistake is forgiven.”He has been unbelievable this season and we all make mistakes,” the Scot said to the Evening Standard.”It is just if Mo Salah or Firmino make a mistake it maybe doesn’t get punished because it is up the other end, but that is unfortunately what a keeper has to put up with, if they make a mistake it usually turns into a goal.”Of course, he will be disappointed with it but he bounced back and we can’t moan about it, he has dug us out Tuesday night and we are still in the Champions League because of him.”We have not dug him out of a hole but we have put in a performance and his error hasn’t been highlighted because we have won the game and that is what a good squad does.” last_img read more

Colin Cowherd Goes On 6-Minute Rant Against Alabama, The SEC

first_imgColin Cowherd goes off on Alabama during The Herd.colin cowherd goes off on alabamaSunday night, FOX Sports radio host Colin Cowherd ruffled a few feathers, dropping a top four that includes both Michigan State and Ohio State, but not SEC heavyweight Alabama. Monday, he doubled down, going on a six-minute rant about the Crimson Tide’s strength of schedule.Cowherd added that the Big Ten, top to middle, is the best conference in college football. He thinks that the SEC is “living off of reputation” this season.“The SEC is living totally off reputation” – @ColinCowherd on why Alabama isn’t in his Top 4. #HerdHere https://t.co/d3sd2DmzEU— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) November 30, 2015Regardless of what you think about Cowherd’s rant, one thing is certain. If Alabama beats Florida this Saturday, it’ll be part of the playoff. Whether it’ll win the whole thing – that’s up for debate.last_img read more

DHT Holdings Frontline Submits New Unimproved Offer

first_imgzoom Bermuda-based crude oil tanker firm DHT Holdings has received a new “unimproved” proposal from Frontline to acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of DHT in a stock-for-stock transaction.The company said that Frontline has again proposed a ratio of 0.8 Frontline shares for each share of DHT, which is the same exchange ratio contained in Frontline’s previous proposal of February 24 of this year.Frontline delivered its proposal letter to Erik Lind, Chairman of the DHT Board, shortly after 4:30 pm New York City time, on April 25, and requested a response to the letter by 12:00 pm, New York City time, on April 26.“Consistent with its fiduciary duties, DHT’s Board will evaluate the proposal from Frontline,” Lind said. He added that “while the proposed exchange ratio of 0.8 reflects no improvement from the proposal our Board previously considered and unanimously rejected, our Board will carefully and thoroughly review the offer, taking into account the changes to DHT’s fleet, market conditions and other developments that have occurred over the past two months.”“I note that, as has been the case with their previous proposals, Frontline is requesting a reply in an unreasonably accelerated timeframe – in this case, less than 24 hours – which does not permit for an appropriate and diligent review by our Board. We will respond in due course,” Lind informed.Frontline, which submitted its earlier proposal on January 27, 2017, said that the proposed new combination of Frontline and DHT, which represented a 18% premium to DHT’s volume weighted average price for the 10 days immediately prior to the opening market price on April 21, 2017, and 15.8% premium to the latest 30-day volume weighted average price, “is expected to yield increased benefits.”The combination “would create the largest public tanker company by fleet size, market capitalization and trading liquidity,” Frontline added.last_img read more

Liberal streamlining effort could impair Parliaments budgetary oversight PBO

first_imgOTTAWA – The Trudeau government’s efforts to streamline its budgeting process mean $7 billion in new spending commitments would be subject to far less parliamentary scrutiny — and the money could technically be spent elsewhere, says the federal spending watchdog.Tuesday’s report from the parliamentary budget officer focused on the government’s proposed changes to better align Ottawa’s budgetary spending plan with the main estimates document, one of the mechanisms that give departments and agencies the authority to spend public funds.The concerns raised by Jean-Denis Frechette follow recent complaints from the Liberal government’s political foes who say the adjustments have opened up a $7-billion “slush fund.”The Liberals are trying to meet their 2015 election promise to improve Parliament’s financial processes by bringing more consistency and clarity to the government’s accounting of how it spends public money.But speeding up the implementation of budget measures will come at a cost, the report says, warning of incomplete information and weaker legal powers for parliamentarians who have better oversight of the money under the existing system.“It will help the government in being able to fund its measures faster this way because they get the (spending) authority ahead of time — but it reduces the scrutiny and control of Parliament,” deputy parliamentary budget officer Mostafa Askari said of the changes.The government could follow the detailed spending table presented in its February budget, Askari noted. However, he said he saw nothing in the wording of the new law that would compel the government to spend according to its budget plan.Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre has attacked the government over its legislation to streamline the accounting process, arguing it lacks legal enforceability on how Ottawa spends “this $7 billion no-strings-attached Liberal slush fund.”“Governments can only spend what Parliament has approved and only on the specific purposes approved, except this slush fund will allow the Liberals to move the money wherever they want,” Poilievre said recently during question period.“How is that accountable to taxpayers?”Treasury Board President Scott Brison has rejected Poilievre’s accusations, saying the measures are laid out in the budget, line by line and with detailed descriptions, on how the money will be spent.A spokesman for Brison insisted Tuesday that, by law, the funds must be allocated to specific budget measures.“Treasury Board will not have any discretion to use the funds for any other purpose, as this would be an unauthorized use of public funds,” Farees Nathoo wrote in an email.The Liberal government has already improved transparency and accountability by including an item-by-item table in the budget, he added.“We are showing Parliament exactly where in the budget the funding for the new budget implementation vote comes from and how it will be used,” Nathoo said.“Parliamentarians can now literally follow the money from this new central vote to a specific line in the budget and the main estimates.”A departmental official, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, strongly disputed the findings in Frechette’s report, and insisted the government is enhancing control for parliamentarians.The main estimates clearly tie the budget implementation vote to the items in the budget annex, which lists the commitments by department, measure and dollar amount, the official said, adding that any allocation beyond what’s listed in the budget annex would not be permitted.On Tuesday, a separate report by the C.D. Howe think tank graded the fiscal transparency and reliability of Canada’s federal, provincial and territorial governments. The analysis gave Ottawa an “A-” compared to a grade of “A” last year and a “B+” in 2016.— Follow @AndyBlatchford on Twitterlast_img read more

Womens World Cup Preview The US And Sweden Have A Score To

Check out FiveThirtyEight’s Women’s World Cup predictions.“Dancing Swedes Shock USA” is how FIFA described the last World Cup result between the U.S. and Sweden in 2011. FIFA, the U.S. and the rest of the world were understandably shocked — the U.S. had never lost a group-stage game at the World Cup before. Four years and one head coach swap later, the teams meet again tonight in their second Group D games. Can Sweden shock the world again?According to FiveThirtyEight’s forecast, the chances that Sweden beats the U.S. aren’t great. The USWNT has a 58 percent chance of winning and a 22 percent chance of drawing — pregame odds not dissimilar to the team’s first game against Australia. The U.S. won its World Cup opener 3-1, but the final score doesn’t reflect its early struggle to settle the ball and connect in the final third, two things that will be important against a better Swedish team, and for the rest of the tournament (solo runs by Megan Rapinoe will take the U.S. only so far).On the other side of Group D, Sweden was also favored to win its opening match — 59 percent to Nigeria’s 20 percent — but the Swedes were outpaced and out-hustled by the Super Falcons. In that game, Sweden was shocked, drawing 3-3. Sweden coasted on an early lead, but looked flat in the second half as Asisat Oshoala came flying down the flanks and Ngozi Okobi threaded balls between the seams. Nigeria scored three times in the second half against a shaky Swedish defense. Sweden is still likely to advance from Group D (67 percent), but its mediocre result against Nigeria means it’s far from safe.Tonight’s match is huge for both teams, with Sweden looking to solidify a spot in the knockout rounds and the U.S. women looking for redemption after the last World Cup and against their former coach (who hasn’t hesitated to say how she feels about her former players). There’s a lot at stake in this game, so we’ve made another in-game cheat sheet — a guide to when U.S. fans should start to worry and when it’s safe to relax. (You can read more about the in-game win probability model we made for women’s soccer.)If the game is tied, the USWNT’s chances of defeat hold steady around 20 percent for most of the match. Like we said before, loss probability is largely fixed, so the U.S. is trading win probability for draw probability the longer the game remains tied. If the U.S. hasn’t taken the lead by about 55 minutes, a U.S. win and a draw become about equally likely, and after that a draw becomes the most likely outcome.In the event that the U.S. trails Sweden by one goal, the stress should start to kick in around 73 minutes. With that score, the probability of a U.S. loss is just slightly greater than that of a draw for most of the first half. But at about 73 minutes, the loss probability shoots up above 60 percent. If the Americans are still down by a goal then, they might need another hail-Abby. read more

Giggs Wales can win their Nations League group

first_imgWales boss Ryan Giggs challenged his side to win their group after securing a 1-0 win over the Republic of Ireland on Tuesday nightThe Dragons prevailed at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin without star men Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey due to Harry Wilson’s superb free-kick.The result leaves Wales top of Group B4 with six points from three games.Next up will be second-place side Denmark at Cardiff on November 16 and another three points will secure the top spot for Wales.“We set out in this Nations League to win the group and then see where it took us, and that’s good that we can do it with one game to go,” said Giggs in a post-match conference in the FA Wales Youtube.Daniel James, WalesGiggs is full of praise for Daniel James Manuel R. Medina – September 10, 2019 According to Wales national team manager Ryan Giggs, footballer Daniel James is unstoppable after he helped his team secure a victory against Belarus.“Now the next thing is to look to win it. It won’t be easy – we have got Denmark at home – but Cardiff City Stadium will be bouncing, we’re guaranteed for that, and I’m really looking forward to the challenge now.”🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 We’ve guaranteed a top two finish in League B Group 4. #TogetherStronger #NationsLeague pic.twitter.com/5y3RAmx07O— Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 (@Cymru) October 16, 2018last_img read more

Unai Emery admires Le Tissier

first_imgThe Spanish Arsenal coach believes the former Gunners legend was a player with a lot of quality and he remembers watching him a lotAttacking midfielder Matt Le Tissier played in Southampton F.C. from 1986 to 2002.He appeared in 443 matches, scoring 161 goals for the Saints.And Arsenal boss Unai Emery remembers how he used to admire the midfielder while playing in Spain.Daniel Fark, Norwich City, Premier LeagueDaniel Farke, From mid-table in the Championship to the Premier League Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Norwich City manager, Daniel Farke, has taken his team from the middle of the table in the English Championship to play with the big boys in the Premier League.“He’s one player who I would watch when I was watching the Premier League in Spain,” said the head coach to the club’s official website.“He was one player I would watch a lot of movies of.”“He was very technical, a quality player with the ball and was amazing for the spectacle,” he added.“My memory of him is that he was a very, very special player.”last_img read more

12 Storey Structure to be Allowed

first_img Related Items:desarollos hotelco, providenciales, ritz carlton, rufus ewing TCI Govt Estate needs $20M injection, Minister announces rent-cutting plan Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 24 Sept 2014 – Seven stories used to be as high as the government would allow a developer to go in construction on the world renowned Grace Bay strip, now the Cabinet seems to have taken a turn to allow 12 storey structures to be built and has asked the governor to approve the change. From the Cabinet minutes, the report is that the PNP Administration has Advised H.E. the Governor to amend the Development Manual to increase the maximum height of buildings on the island of Providenciales to a maximum 12 storeys on a minimum 5 acre parcel. While government had said there would be a consultative process, this appears to be a push forward on the idea as the interest for higher capacity resorts escalates for the Turks & Caicos. The release said the change should be effective immediately. It was just ahead of the CTO’s State of the Industry Conference held last week in St Thomas, that Tourism Minister and Premier, Hon Dr Rufus Ewing talked about the $202 million, three-prong hotel and casino development on 11 acres of Grace Bay Beach under the RitzCarlton brand. The condominium-hotel development is the brainchild of Venezuela-based Desarollos Hotelco, which opened the Ritz-Carlton in Aruba last year. Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp RitzCarlton sets up signs for 12-storey on Grace Bay PNP Convention Feb 19 Weekend; South Caicos woman announces at large interestlast_img read more

NEW DEPUTY AG NAMED FOR TCI

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 05 Jan 2015 – On Monday, at the opening of the legal year for the TCI, the Attorney General, Rhondalee Knowles announced that she has a deputy now. Wynante Adrien-Roberts fills the void left when Rhondalee was promoted to the country’s first indigenous and female AG. Adrien-Roberts started work since Monday in the Chamber and hails from Dominica. AG Knowles said her new deputy is a thoroughly qualified and experienced attorney having been solicitor general in Dominica for many years before moving to the private bar. Mrs. Adrien-Roberts will focus on training and development within the AGs Chambers. A drafter will also be hired in this first quarter; taking the number of legal drafters in the Legislative Drafting division with the Attorney General to four. Related Items:deputy attorney general, rhondalee knowles, Wynante Adrien-Roberts Attorney General announces 14 Law Reforms for 2016 Recommended for you Turks and Caicos Laws now available online Sexual crimes trending higher for 2015last_img read more

Ambassador Tony S Joudi Paid Courtesy Call on the Prime Minister of

first_img Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, November 2, 2017 – Nassau – His Excellency Tony S. Joudi, Bahamas Ambassador to the UAE and the State of Qatar (left) paid a courtesy call and presented a gift to Prime Minister, Dr. the Hon. Hubert Minnis, Monday, at the Office of the Prime Minister.(Photo/Yontalay Bowe, OPM Media Services) Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img